"An initiative of Govt. of India under the Nirbhaya funds scheme for ensuring safety of women and children"
Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) is a Pan-India single number (112) based emergency response system for citizens in emergencies. Each States/Union Territory is required to designate a dedicated Emergency Response Centre (ERC) to handle emergency requests. If you require emergency assistance from Police, Fire or Health departments or from any other services, you may:
- Dial 112 from your phone;
- Press power button on your smart phone 3 times in quick succession to activate Panic call;
- Long press ‘5’ or ‘9’ key on your feature phone to activate Panic call;
- Log-on to State ERSS website and place your SOS request;
- Email SOS alert to Emergency Response Centre in the State
- Use 112 India mobile app (available in Google Playstore and Apple store) to activate a panic call.
*** In case of women and children, you can use 112 India mobile App to activate SHOUT feature, which alerts registered volunteers in vicinity for immediate assistance apart from activating Emergency Response Centre.
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY FACILITY.
USERS ARE ADVISED TO USE THIS SERVICE CAREFULLY.